To Work for: Policy Horizons Canada
Where: Ottawa, Ontario (in the National Capital Region)
Classification: EC-04 (Policy Analyst)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary range: $68,468 to $79,234
Closing date: December 15, 2017 11:59pm (PST)
We’re looking for bilingual team players who are passionate about innovation.
Policy Horizons Canada is looking for Foresight and Design Practitioners to fill permanent, full-time positions.
Why is this role important?
The primary role of the Foresight and Design Practitioner is to help people better understand and envision long-term social and economic issues and their public policy challenges.
Once here, you will:
- Experiment with foresight tools and techniques to better identify social, economic and technology insights and public policy challenges.
- Experiment with building immersive experiences so that people can better grasp what the future could look like.
- Share your findings across Government and with the public.
What we are looking for?
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics.
- One year experimenting with innovative communication tools or other immersive media, such as narratives, events, visualizations, animations, design fictions, videos, virtual and augmented reality, chatbots, and gaming.
- Training and experience totalling one year in design thinking, foresight, or both.
- Experience delivering projects in a team environment.
Ideally, the candidate would also:
- Possess a master’s degree or a doctorate in a field relevant to the position.
- Have experience with experiential learning.
- Experience in the creative arts (e.g., performing arts, dramaturgy, music, etc.).
Have we caught your attention?
If you are ready to join us for an exciting career; we want to hear from you. Email your résumé and cover letter, telling us how you have what we are looking for by December 15, 2017 date 11:59pm (PST) to HR.Requests@horizons.gc.ca.
- We will give preference to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
- If selected for the job, you will be required to complete a security screening process. The position requires a Secret security level.
Should you have any questions or require accommodation measures, please let us know when you send your application.
After you apply
If you are selected for further consideration, you can expect to be assessed on:
- Ability to lead a design thinking or foresight project.
- Ability to tell captivating stories in any format, e.g., animations, videos, virtual and augmented realities, games or other immersive media.
- Ability to build and maintain effective collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of methodologies in design thinking or foresight.
- Leadership, initiative, and reliability.
- Judgment and ability to be results oriented.
- Bilingual in English and French at a BBB level.
- What does BBB mean? The following link provides more information on federal government language levels: Second Language Evaluation information for candidates